APT currently has a vacancy for a Technology Gateway Researcher.
The role of the Technology Gateway Researcher is to carry out essential research aligned to the APT Ireland technology themes.
He/She will work closely with all other researchers who are working on APT Ireland Technology theme projects and assist in delivering the applied research and innovative technologies of the Gateway.
The Researcher will
- Carry out research projects from the research centre core technology themes for the industry support base
- Build industry awareness and engagement of the Research Centre
- Initiate and collaborate on proposal generation within the Centre in collaboration with industry partners
- He/She will adhere to Technology Gateway processes. The Technology Gateway project group will meet formally on a weekly basis to review the week’s research progress and plan the research work for the week ahead.
- Comply with and contribute to institute policies, procedures and management systems as required.
- Carry out other duties that may arise which may be assigned by the Centre Manager, APT Principal Investigators or MRI Director
Interaction with other Roles
- The Applied Polymer Technologies Technology Gateway Researcher will interact with the other AIT personnel as follows:-
- The Researcher will work closely with other members of the APT Team on an on-going basis to support the efficient functioning of the Technology Gateway e.g. through company visits, organising workshops, providing continuous contributions to the technical program and aiding in the preparation of grant applications.
- The Researcher will also have assistance from other academic staff members for both research and industrial activities. Academic staff members will contribute knowledge from their specific fields of competence to further the Technology Gateway research goals.
- The Technology Transfer Office will guide the Researcher in policies and procedures relating to Intellectual Property matters. The Intellectual Property policy details the identification, evaluation and exploitation of results arising from research.
- Publications in Internationally peer reviewed journals
- Considerable experience in applied polymer materials characterisation and polymer processing
- Established links with the plastics industry and other research institutes
- Degree in Material Science / Engineering or Similar
- PhD in Polymer Science/Engineering
- Knowledge and experience of research commercialisation.
- Experience of engaging with commercial partners and technology transfer/commercialisation.
- Experience in identifying and assessing new research opportunities
- Experience in project costing and budget control
- Ability to work independently and self-manage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be an effective team player.
- In addition to the minimum qualifications, it may be necessary to introduce further shortlisting criteria. Therefore, candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of qualifications and suitable experience, based on details given on the application form.
- Applications must be submitted using the on-line E-recruitment form which may be accessed under vacancies at ait.ie
- For further information and informal enquiries about the position please contact email@example.com or the HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Only on-line e-recruitment application forms will be accepted, these must be submitted through the Athlone Institute of Technology Recruitment page here
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 1 pm on 31st of July 2015
Salary commensurate with experience/qualifications circa €40,000 gross per annum
The Institute is an equal opportunities employer.